Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO)
- Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO) started its journey in 1988 with a noble vision to stand in solidarity with the poor and marginalized. Being a peoples` centered organization, ESDO envisioned for a society which will be free from inequality and injustice, a society where no child will cry from hunger and no life will be ruined by poverty. Near about three decades of relentless efforts to make this happen, ESDO has embraced new grounds and opened up new horizons to help the disadvantaged and vulnerable people to bring meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. During this long span, ESDO has adapted with the changing situation and provided the most time-bound services especially for the poor and disadvantaged. A community focused and people centered approach has been adapted by ESDO while consideration was given to the national policy and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as its guiding principle. ESDO is one of the most dynamic organizations expanding its development interventions across 273 upazilas under 49 districts of Bangladesh covering over 8.46 million poor and vulnerable people.
- ESDO in partnership with EDUCO is going to implement the ‘‘Promote Inclusive and Equitable Primary Education for all the Children of GPS in hard-to-reach and Indigenous Communities’’ program at Thakurgaon District. ESDO is inviting applications from interested qualified candidates for the above mentioned position. The Program duration 01st January 2021 to 31st December 2021 & probably to extend.
- This will be a vital position of field implementation and will be responsible for the field activities. This position will also be responsible to supervise the engagement of local actors in implementation of project activities in the community. Technical Officer will assist for ensuring training, orientation, educational activities, monitoring, and advocacy activities for the community.
- S/he will assist the Teacher in planning and to achieve monthly and quarterly targeted beneficiaries/participant as per project target.
- S/he will ensure different logistic support to the front line staff and provide supportive supervision for proper and timely implementation of the activities of the project.
- S/he will conduct regular field level monitoring of project activities and report accordingly.
- Planning and implementation
- Assist Teachers to prepare planning for the respective communities of the assigned area and ensure monitoring of the planned activities in the community to achieve the goal and objectives of the project.
- Assist the project team in planning of teaching activities, training and monitoring of field activities.
- Ensure and monitor the daily work schedule of Teachers.
- S/he will guide the Teacher to organize meetings, workshops, trainings, day observations at different level events.
- Ensure and achieve monthly and quarterly target of beneficiaries under his/her jurisdiction.
- Communicate with GPS&LG’s authority to ensure relevant assistance for implementation of planned activities.
- In this regard s/he had to develop and maintain a good collaboration and coordination with GPS&LG’s different GO-NGOs, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Supervise daily field activities .
- Ensure counting of beneficiaries/participant without any duplication and maintain respective registers.
- Monitor so that the Teachers understand the target of beneficiaries.
- Assist Head Teachers and Assistant Teachers regarding learning center establishment.
- Ensure timely reporting preparation and submission.
- Coordinate with project team for ensuring necessary support to implementation of planned activities.
- Directly supervise front line staffs to implement different activities effectively in the field.
- Ensure necessary reports and documents to Project Coordinator.
- Ensure coordination and communication with Community Leaders and LG’s Authority.
- Regular monitor the project activities.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator for ensuring quality monitoring to the child education.
- Other activity assign by supervisors and organization.
- Work at office
- Masters in Social Science or equivalent degrees.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- 5 years of relevant working experiences in NGO/INGOs in development projects & highly relevant experienced persons age will be relaxed.
- Experience of community mobilization, community situation analysis on Child vulnerability and plain land indigenous community monitoring issue;
- Capacity building of stakeholders including community;
- Maintain liaison with GPS and other stakeholders to maximize the resources;
- Reporting and documentation of the respective clusters.
- Good at computer applications of MS Office.
- Skills on drive Motorcycle and should have valid driving license.
- Should have knowledge applying PLA/PRA tools in planning, monitoring activities at community level.
- Monthly Gross BDT 30,000/-
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per project design
Read Before Apply
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
nterested candidates are requested to submit their resume with cover letter along with recent Passport size Photo, photocopy of all academic and experience certificates, NID card /Citizenship certificate including two references. Applications should reach within 23/12/2020 by post or Currier or hand to hand delivery to : APC(HR), ESDO, Collegepara (Gobindanagar), Thakurgaon-5100, Bangladesh. Soft copy not allow for this position.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for an interview.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Equal opportunity, promoting women & children rights is the mandate of ESDOApplication Deadline: 23 Dec 2020
Job Source: www.bdjobs.com